What to Bring?
• Proof of income
• Employer verification letter – On company letterhead, signed by supervisor stating
• Guaranteed bonus
• Start date
• Housing allowance, if any
• Most recent pay stubs
• Last 2 Year’s tax returns
• Copy of driver’s license or passport
• Credit application information showing names, phone numbers, addresses of Employer, Banker, Accountant, Last Landlords, Guarantor
• Most recent bank statement and/or stock portfolio statement
• First month’s rent
• Security deposit
• Application fees ($25 – $50)
• Rent & security are due, usually in the form of two certified checks, on the business day following rental selection. If you do not have an account established here, you may choose to bring travelers checks or arrange to have funds wired to an appropriate account here in Middle Tennessee.
Most landlords require that you make 3x the
amount of monthly rent. Outstanding loans, assets
liquidation, credit and rent history are also taken
If you do not meet the financial requirements of the
landlord, you may be required to obtain a lease guarantor. The
guarantor must be financially able and qualified to
pay your rent as well as comfortably carry his or her
financial responsibilities in case you default on the
Many landlords require a guarantor and prefer a relative. If you are being relocated by your company and need a guarantor, you should check with human resources to see if the company will provide one. They often do.
An application fee ranges between $25-50 and will cover
the cost of your credit check. A good credit rating should
have no delinquent or collection accounts, over 60%
available credit and no substantial amount of debt.
Some landlords are more flexible than others when it
comes to credit.
If you are a first time renter in Tennessee and do not
have a credit history in the U.S., landlords might
require an extra security deposit, a guarantor or rent
paid up front.
Consult one of our expert agents for additional
advice. Procedures and requirements may vary from one
property to another. We’ll make sure to guide you through
the best possible options.